Bunker Hill Community College’s Goals and Strategies were developed through a collaborative process, engaging more than 200 campus members and more than 150 community, educational, and industry partners.
Foster Student Success
Promote data-informed, high impact innovations in teaching, learning and student development that lead to increased rates of engagement, persistence, retention, completion and transfer.
- Expand co-requisite models and acceleration of developmental education and English language instruction.
- Implement learner-centered curricular and co-curricular practices, including culturally relevant, collaborative, experiential and multi-modal learning.
- Integrate holistic student development into the curriculum and co-curriculum.
- Deepen student learning outcomes and competency-based assessment models.
- Enhance instructional technology to support digital teaching, learning, and student development on-line and on-ground.
- Support faculty and staff professional development aimed at fostering the success of all students.
Strengthen Career, Transfer and Workforce Readiness
Prepare students for fulfilling 21st century careers that meet Greater Boston's workforce needs through credentialed, non-credit, stackable and transferable programs.
- Design programs that promote transfer and workforce readiness, including non-credit to credit pathways.
- Institutionalize demand-driven program development, including the high-growth fields of STEM, health care and the creative economy.
- Expand internship and apprenticeship programs in partnership with businesses, industries and community organizations.
- Create seamless transfer opportunities through alignment and articulation with baccalaureate institutions.
- Support students in developing transferable 21st century skills and capacities.
Advance Diversity, Inclusion and Equity
Advance diversity, inclusion, and equity in all areas of the College and integrate the cultural wealth of our students, faculty, staff and communities into the life of the institution.
- Promote diversity in all areas of the College workforce.
- Build a campus community rooted in collaboration, inclusivity and engagement.
- Design culturally relevant and community-engaged curricular and co-curricular learning environments.
- Identify and address disparities in academic achievement among student groups.
- Increase access, persistence and completion rates for underserved student populations.
Build Partnerships and Pathways
Foster reciprocal, sustainable relationships with civic, educational, and community partners to increase access, promote college readiness, and facilitate seamless pathways to post-secondary study.
- Increase opportunities for enrollment in early college, dual enrollment and bridge programs.
- Deepen partnerships with civic, educational and community- based organizations.
- Design guided educational pathways through meta-majors programming and curricular mapping.
- Leverage the resources and scholarship of local museums and cultural institutions to enrich the College curriculum and expand student access.
- Broaden partnerships with industry and business leaders.
Develop the College’s Infrastructure
Develop the College’s capacity to support student success through learner-centered facilities, strategic communication, enhanced information technology, and fiscal stewardship.
- Stabilize technology to support teaching, learning, and student success; improve data integrity and analysis, and facilitate evidence-based decision making throughout the college.
- Maximize college and community-based resources to ensure facilities well-suited to the needs of students, faculty and staff.
- Closely monitor the sources of funding supporting teaching and learning, general operations, and capital projects to ensure long-term sustainability and financial health.
- Support the development of new instructional sites.
- Integrate print and web communications to disseminate accurate, consistent, transparent information to internal and external audiences.