Biological Sciences: Medical Professions Option
Associate in Science Science, Engineering and Mathematics - Biology and Chemistry
Upon Completion of this Concentration Graduates will be able to:
- Use currently accepted biological, chemical and physical concepts to investigate problems and ideas presented in advanced study related to health and medicine.
- Use biological concepts to evaluate their own science related concerns such as personal health or health careers.
- Use laboratory technology, equipment and techniques to investigate scientific problems critically and safely using proper scientific methods.
- Use molecular and cellular laboratory techniques that are commonly used in Biotechnology and Medicine.
- Explain the major concepts of cell structure, function and cellular processes that are key to life.
This option will allow students to transfer to four-year colleges and universities to seek a bachelor’s degree to pursue a career in the health professions. Students should enroll in this option if they plan to transfer to a four-year college or university to pursue admission to programs in medical, veterinary, pharmacy, physician’s assistant or physical therapy professions.