Orientation at BHCC
After you are accepted, you must attend our two-part Orientation. If you have not applied to Bunker Hill Community College or need to check on your application status, please visit the Apply Now page.
Part 1: As soon as possible, attend an Advising and Registration Session
Sign up for an Advising and Registration Session
- All sessions in April take place online via WebEx, a video conferencing tool.
- You will need access to a computer or tablet with WiFi, or a smartphone.
- Please plan at least 2 hours for this session.
During Advising and Registration, you will meet with an advisor and learn how to register for classes.
Placement must be complete prior to attending a session.
Prior to your session, we will carefully evaluate your test scores, high school GPA, HiSet or GED scores, and/or college transcripts to ensure you are starting in the right classes.
- English, Reading and Math Placement
- If you are required to take the placement test, visit the Assessment Center website for information on testing options for the month of April.
- You may be exempt from placement testing based on your high school GPA, or standardized test scores. For more information, visit the Assessment Center website.
- College Transcripts
- If you have previously earned college credit, please send an official copy of your transcript electronically to BHCC and/or email an unofficial copy of your transcript(s) to Colleen Yee, firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have been accepted to a selective program, you will need to attend a program specific orientation. Your orientation date and additional information will be provided by Admissions.
Part 2: After attending Advising and Registration, attend a New Student Day
You will meet with our Student Mentors, tour the campus, learn how to prepare for classes and hear about all of BHCC's great resources and opportunities for students. The schedule for New Student Day will be posted in April.