WE ARE HIRING!
BHCC Athletics Department is looking for a Head Volleyball Coach for the upcoming season. Please follow the link below to submit your application:
Fitness Center summer hours has been announced. The hours will be Monday through Thursday 10:00am-2:00pm. Please provide your BHCC ID upon entrance.
Interested in joining the BHCC athletics? Fill out the Prospective Athlete Form.
COVID-19 Athletics FAQs
Is the gym, Fitness Center or any of the Athletic Facilities available for use?
The Fitness Center is currently open for use. The Summer 2022 hours are Mon-Thu, 10:00am-2:00pm.
The gymnasium is available for organized varsity athletic activities only at this time.
If a student is interested in playing on a varsity team at BHCC, what should they do?
What are the requirements for participation on a varsity athletic team at BHCC?
The basic requirements are:
- High school transcript
- Full-time enrollment during the semester(s) of the sport season
- A current physical exam clearing the student to play sports
- A tryout period will be scheduled by the coach(s)
Further requirements differ if the student has attended other colleges, played that sport at a college, and GPA/number of credits obtained at other colleges. If a student attended another college(s), they will need to be able to submit an official college transcript – whether or not they plan on transferring any classes into BHCC, for evaluation by Athletic Department staff. Any specific eligibility questions can be directed to the Interim Director of Athletics, Sercan Fenerci at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who should a current student-athlete contact with questions regarding continuing participation?
With regards to continuing athletic participation on the team, the student-athlete should be in contact with their coach. Only coaches make decisions on playing time. When it comes to questions of academic eligibility, the coach or Sercan Fenerci can be contacted.
- If you are interested in playing for BHCC, please fill out the Prospective Athletic Form.
- The BHCC men’s soccer team won National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) Division III Region XXI Championship and the Massachusetts Community College Athletic Conference (MCCAC) Championship in the fall of 2015. The team represented Region XXI in the Division III National Tournament where they finished as runner-up in the National Championship Game, earning a #2 national ranking.
- The BHCC men’s basketball team won the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) Division III Region XXI Championship and the Massachusetts Community College Athletic Conference (MCCAC) Championship in Spring 2016. They traveled to the national tournament in March 2016 where they concluded their season with a final rank of 8th in the nation among NJCAA Division III men's basketball.