CLEP (the College-Level Examination Program®)
CLEP: Earn Credit For What You Already Know
- CLEP (the College-Level Examination Program®) was created to help individuals with prior knowledge in a college course subject save time and money.
- CLEP exams are 90-120 minutes in length. Many schools award credit for a passing score on CLEP exams.
- BHCC awards credit for CLEP exams through the Prior Learning Assessment office.
- CLEP testing at BHCC is open to BHCC students, and to students of other colleges.
Register for a CLEP Exam at BHCC
- Check your school’s CLEP policy, and check in with your Advisor to see if CLEP is right for you.
- Purchase a CLEP ticket ($90) from the CLEP website. When you purchase your ticket, you must indicate where you want your score sent.
- Make an appointment for a CLEP test. Test centers charge an additional fee to administer the exam. Our fee is $29 for BHCC students, $43 for non-BHCC students, and free for veterans.
CLEP for Free with Modern States
Modern States offers free online prep courses for CLEP exams.If you complete a Modern States course, Modern States will give you an $90 voucher to purchase your CLEP ticket, and will reimburse you for the test center fee.
CLEP Score and Transcripts
- For most CLEP exams, an unofficial transcript is available upon completion of the exam.
- Scores from College Composition are mailed 2-3 weeks after the exam.
- CLEP will send your official score report directly to the school you indicated when you purchased your ticket. It may take 2-3 weeks for your official score report to arrive at your school.
- You can order additional copies of your CLEP score report on the CLEP website.
- Complete information on CLEP scores: https://clep.collegeboard.org/earn-college-credit/your-score