Gaming/Computer Artist Track Simulation Option
Take your passion for gaming to the next level. The Gaming/Computer Artist Track Simulation Option at Bunker Hill Community College is an associate degree program designed for students who want to learn the basics elements of design, development and production skills that are necessary for entry into the Computer Gaming and Computer Simulation industries. This option allows students to focus their studies on the artistic design aspects of gaming and simulation, rather than the more programming-related elements.
- The artist track option focuses on elements of computer simulation development such as scene lighting, creating customized 3D texture maps, customized shaders, diffuse shaders, sky boxes and bump maps.
- This option will also instruct students in the fundamentals of 3D Game/Simulation design, development and production construct, shape, texture, and animate 3D objects and characters in a computer game environment.
- Students learn the techniques and skills required to incorporate depth, lights, textures and 3D liquids into the 3D game to simulate real-world situations.
In this program, you’ll learn to:
- Create game characters.
- Create custom textures for clothing, surfaces and environmental objects.
- Create 3D objects as game constructs.
- Create 3D lakes, rivers, streams, beverages, soft candy products, liquefied solids and more
- Effectively light and shade the game scene.
- Manage the game development process.
Computer-generated graphics are used everywhere—from movies and TV to educational tutorials to social media, and the career outlook for computer gaming/simulation opportunities is projected to grow at a rapid rate in the coming years. According to the Entertainment Software Association, total revenues for the gaming industry in the U.S. hit $23.5 billion in 2015 (up 5% from 2014). Graduates of this program will qualify for entry level positions in local and national gaming and computer simulation companies.
Game Development Essentials CMT-101
Maya Foundations CMT-121
Maya Character Animation CMT-223
Creating 3D Special Effects CMT-229
Photoshop for Gaming CMT-129
3D Modeling and Sculpting CMT-217
Looking for a more programming-focused option? Check out our Programming Track.