New Student Enrollment Checklist
- Access your acceptance letter to find your BHCC Student ID#, username and password.
- Use your username and password to log in to your BHCC email and your myBHCC account.
- Complete the 2019/2020 FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) online. BHCC‘s school code is 011210.
- All students may need to take the Placement Test before registering for classes unless they are eligible to waive out of some or all of the exam. Visit the Assessment website to review waiver options or review practice materials.
- If you have graduated from a Massachusetts high school within the last three years and have a GPA of over 2.7 on a 4.0 scale, you may be exempt from testing. Visit the GPA Placement website for more information.
- If you have earned college credits, submit an official transcript for evaluation. bhcc.edu/transfer.
- Unofficial transcripts can be used for advising and registration purposes until your credits have been evaluated.
- If you are a veteran or in active service, contact the Veterans Center to see how we may assist you with unique educational opportunities. Visit bhcc.edu/veterans to find out more.
- Are you intellectually curious? Learn more about the Commonwealth Honors Program. Visit bhcc.edu/honors for eligibility requirements.
- Interested in learning about credit for prior learning? Contact Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) to discuss any learning acquired outside of the traditional college environment that might qualify for college credit. bhcc.edu/priorlearningassessment.
- If you have questions about accommodations for a learning and/or physical disability, please contact the Disability Support Service office. bhcc.edu/disabilitysupportservices.
- Attend New Student Orientation.
- Attend an Advising & Registration session after testing (if required to test) or with a copy of your unofficial college transcript. You'll meet with an advisor and then register for your classes..
- Then attend a New Student Day. Bring your spring class schedule and photo ID. You'll get your BHCC Student ID, meet other new students and get all of the information you need to have a successful start to your first semester!
- Payment for classes is due based on the date you register for classes. View the Student Payment Schedule to determine when your bill is due.
- Have a pending financial aid award* in place from BHCC that fully covers your balance; or
- Pay in full at selfservice.bhcc.edu/Student/Finance/Payments and select pay on my account; or
- Create a BHCC automatic payment plan online at (first payment due at time of plan creation plus a $35 non-refundable enrollment fee); or
- Submit a third party commitment letter or a purchase order to Student Central.
- If you're registered for 9 or more credits, you must pay for BHCC student health insurance or complete the online waiver form if you are covered by a comparable health plan.
- If you’re enrolled in 12 or more credits or in a health career program, submit proof of immunization.
*Receiving financial aid is a process that can take between 2 – 4 weeks to complete. If you have not yet received your award and are hoping to qualify, you should set up a payment plan.
- Purchase your books.
- Purchase your parking pass online (Charlestown and Chelsea campuses only).
- Attend all of your classes.
- Review the academic calendar for important dates and deadlines.
Congratulations! We look forward to seeing you on campus.