Admissions New Student Enrollment Check List
Step 1: Apply for Admission
- Complete the Admissions Application to Bunker Hill Community College. To apply online for free Apply Now!
- If you don't have a laptop or need help completing the application, the Admissions Office is open Monday through Thursday 9am – 5pm and Friday’s 11 a.m. – 4p.m. An Admissions Pathway Counselor will be available to assist you!
Step 2: Review your Acceptance Letter
- BHCCAdmissions Dashboard to view your Acceptance Letter
- Your acceptance letter will include your student ID number, username and password for your myBHCC (SelfService) account.
- Accepted or waitlisted Selective Program students: Access your account to confirm your seat in the program
- Your MyBHCC (SelfService) Account gives you access to:
- Plan and register for classes and live Chat with Academic Advisors.
- View class schedule & Program requirements
- BHCC Email, Unofficial copy of your transcript and view Financial Aid
Step 3: Log into your BHCC Email
Visit Bunker Hill Email Login, to log into your BHCC Email, which is our official method of communication. Information about your courses and financial aid will be sent to your college email only.
Step 4: Apply for Financial Aid
Apply for Financial Aid: Complete the 2023/2024 FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) online. BHCC’s school code is 011210. Visit bhcc.edu/financialaid for more information.
Step 6: Meet Placement Options for English & Math Courses
- This requirement must be completed before you can register for classes. To view all placement options and register to take a math placement test, visit the Assessment Center at bhcc.edu/assessment.
- Submit official college transcript(s) from courses you may have already completed from regionally accredited colleges and universities in the United States or from countries outside of the United States. Visit Transferring Credits into BHCC webpage for more information.
Step 7: Register for Classes in a Group Advising Session
- You will receive information about attending a group advising session to your personal email account that you used to apply to BHCC.
- Selective program students will attend a mandatory program orientation and then work with an advisor to register. If unable to attend, please contact your program director or chairperson.
Step 9: Submit Immunization Forms
- Submit Immunization forms (if required). Visit bhcc.edu/immunizations for more information.
- COVID-19 Protocol: All students registering for on-campus courses or coming to campus for any reason must be fully vaccinated and submit their COVID-19 vaccination card at bhcc.edu/covidvaccines.
- Information on how to request a reasonable accommodation related to the COVID-19 vaccination requirement, as well as resources for vaccination and COVID-19 testing will also be found on the website. The College will review the COVID-19 protocol prior to the start of classes for the Summer, Fall & Spring semesters.
Step 10: Health Insurance & Purchasing Books
- For information on health insurance requirements visit bhcc.edu/healthinsurance. Health insurance is required for students registered in nine or more credits. If you have comparable health insurance, complete the online waiver at gallagherstudent.com/students.
- To purchase your books and other supplies for your classes online at bhcc.edu/bookstore
myBHCC (SelfService) account gives you access to:
- Plan and register for classes, CHAT available
- View class schedule and program requirements
- BHCC Email
- Unofficial copy of transcript
- View Financial Aid
Prior Course Work and Prior Learning Assessment
- Transferring credits from another college or university, visit the Prior Course Work page.
- Interested in learning about credit for prior learning? Contact Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) to discuss any learning acquired outside of the traditional college environment that might qualify for college credit.