Using the DISH
The DISH Food Pantry is available for current students, faculty, and staff members at Bunker Hill Community College. In addition to non-perishable, perishable, and hygiene items, the DISH offers ‘grab and go’ options including frozen meals, fresh bread, and a snack basket. Students and staff may stop by the DISH at any point to grab these items—no registration required!
In order to use the DISH Food Pantry,
- All users must first fill out the DISH Intake Form. This will verify Bunker Hill affiliation as well as gather some additional information for our advocacy work and reporting requirements.
- Once completed, you will receive a username and PIN to use in Smart Choice, our food pantry ordering software
- If you do not have access to a computer, you may come to the DISH during operating hours and use ours. You may also use the computers in the library, room E300.
Using Smart Choice is easy, efficient, and user-friendly.
- Every student has 20 points per month to shop in the DISH Food Pantry.
- Faculty and staff have 15 points per month to use at the DISH Food Pantry.
- You may use your points in one trip, or spread them out throughout the month.
- Points do not rollover from month to month.
- Our inventory will vary, but we will provide the following types of items:
- Canned beans
- Tuna/canned meat
- Peanut butter
- Hygiene products such as toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, soap, and deodorant
- Specialty items such as gluten/dairy/nut-free products and baby food/items
- Fresh milk, eggs, and cheese
- Single-serve yogurt cups
- Frozen chicken, fish, and turkey
- In order to ensure that we have enough for everyone, there may be limits placed upon popular items such as milk, eggs, cheese, yogurt, and frozen meat. These limits will be automatically placed on all Smart Choice accounts. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Download Smart Choice Instruction guide