As a state institution, Bunker Hill Community College sets tuition and fees based on residency classification regulations from the Massachusetts Department of Higher Education and the New England Board of Higher Education.
- Tuition and fee rates are found on the Student Payments page.
- Initial determination of the residency status for tuition classification is a part of the admissions process for degree-seeking students.
- Non-degree students complete an in-state tuition eligibility form and supporting documentation as a part of the registration process.
- Any student requesting a re-evaluation of their in-state tuition eligibility based on changed circumstances also completes the in-state tuition eligibility form and submits supporting documentation.
In general, students who are US citizens, permanent residents, or other eligibility non-citizens may be eligible for in-state tuition rates if they have lived in Massachusetts for at least 6 continuous months prior to semester attending and intend to remain in Massachusetts.
As proof of intent of residency and intent to remain in Massachusetts students may be requested to provide documentation, such as those listed on the form.
A change from out-of-state to in-state tuition rates can take place only before the end of the schedule adjustment period of a semester for summer session. A change approved after the end of the schedule adjustment period will be effective the following semester.
Students may also qualify for in-state tuition and fees rate if they are:
- A participant in the New England Board of Higher Education’s Regional Student Program
- A member of armed forces (or spouse or emancipated child) on active duty in Massachusetts
- Any individual using educational assistance under either Chapter 30 (Montgomery GI Bill® -Active Duty Program), Chapter 31 (Vocational Rehabilitation}, or Chapter 33 (Post-9/11 GI Bill®), of Title 38, United States Code, and/or the Marine Gunnery Sergeant John David Fry Scholarship (38 U.S.C. § 3311 (b)(9)) who lives in Massachusetts while attending Bunker Hill Community College will be charged in-State tuition rate.
Download the Form
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill