The Medical Radiography Program is an integral part of Bunker Hill Community College, structured to serve the community at large and outreach to a multicultural population. Program faculty continuously interact with hospital administrators, clinical educators and community leaders to ensure that the program responds to environmental change, and the evolving needs of all stakeholders.
Mission and Goals
The mission of the Medical Radiography Program is to produce competent radiologic technologists.
The vision of the Medical Radiography Program is to achieve excellence through outcome assessment and continuous improvement, providing students with marketable skills and learning opportunities to foster critical thinking and problem-solving.
Goal 1: Students will be clinically competent.
- Students will apply positioning skills.
- Students will utilize radiation protection.
- Students will provide quality patient care.
Goal 2: Students will develop critical thinking skills.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to perform non-routine procedures.
- Students will evaluate diagnostic images for quality.
Goal 3: Students will demonstrate communication skills.
- Students will demonstrate oral communication skills.
- Students will demonstrate written communication skills.
Goal 4: Students will model professionalism.
- Students will exhibit professionalism in the clinical setting.
- Students will determine the importance of continuous professional development