Due to the on campus changes surrounding COVID-19, in person meetings with the TRIO Student Support Services Staff are not available.Current TRIO Student Support Services students will be having digital meetings with mentors, tutors, and program staff.New student inquiries and all questions should be directed to the TRIO Student Support Services email:TRIO.email@example.com
Student Success Program
The TRIO grant-funded Student Success Program provides a strong and supportive community learning environment based on best practices to support retention, academic success, graduation and transfer to a baccalaureate college/university. The services provided by the Success Program offers learners every opportunity needed to increase the likelihood of successful academic achievement while attending Bunker Hill Community College and beyond.
Success Program students engage in connected learning experiences that include comprehensive services such as:
- Academic advising and assistance in course selection
- Transfer assistance to four-year schools
- Math and English tutoring
- Individual and group tutoring
- Peer mentoring
- Cultural activities
- Learning community and leadership support
- Financial aid/literacy and scholarship information
- Workshops on topics such as Math Anxiety, Writing the Sandwich Essay, Transfer Preparation, Academic Survival Skills, and more.
Students must apply and be selected for this program. Students who are interested in BHCC’s Student Success Program must have an academic need for services and must meet at least one of the three eligibility requirements.
- First generation college student, or
- Meet federal income guidelines, or
- A documented disability
How to Apply
- Complete an application (available in E236-G)
- Provide necessary supporting documentation
- Schedule an interview with an SSP staff member