Fall 2020 Course Delivery
To ensure the health and safety of all students, faculty and staff, most fall 2020 classes will be taught remotely through a few different course types.
Courses and Availability
- Course Schedule for the Fall 2020 Term
- Course Schedule for the Spring 2021 Term
- Use "Search for Courses and Course Sections" on SelfService to see courses
- View directions on How to Search for Availability of Classes
- View the requirements of your program or study (major)
Fall 2020 Registation
Fall 2020 Course Registration is open for all new and current students. View courses in BHCCselfservice.
Student accepted for the Fall 2020 semester must complete the online Advising and Registration orientation. This will include a series of videos for you to watch and questions for you to answer. This will take about 1 hour to complete. Once you have completed the online advising orientation, an advisor will contact you within three business days to assist you with planning and registering for classes.
Please see Advising & Registration and Orientation.
Please see the Academic Calendar for the deadlines to add/drop summer, fall, Mini I, Mini II and CSDL courses.
Fall 2020 Mini Sessions - Complete a course in as few as 7 weeks
BHCC Mini Session courses allow you to start and finish a course in as few as seven weeks. Mini session courses are a great way to stay on track with your degree. .
- More about Fall 2020 Mini Sessions
- Course Schedule for Charlestown Fall Mini Session I
- Course Schedule for Charlestown Fall Mini Session II
- Course Schedule for Chelsea Fall Mini Session I
- Course Schedule for Chelsea Fall Mini Session II
New Late Start Courses begin October 5
BHCC’s offering a new series of web late start courses to make the most of your time this fall. Late Start Classes begin October 5 and include three levels of Integrated English Language Learning courses to develop speaking, writing and reading skills, and Learning Community Seminars on Human Rights and the Immigrant Experience. Learn more at bhcc.edu/latestart
Winter Session 2021
- Course Schedule for Winter Session 2021
- Registration will begin November 3.
All Students Registering for Classes MUST
- Register online if eligible
- Show a BHCC ID card or a government issued photo ID if registering in person
- Provide proof of meeting course prerequisites by either:
- Placement Testing;
- Completion of appropriate BHCC coursework; or
- Providing a transcript from another accredited institution verifying completion of appropriate coursework with a passing grade.
All outstanding registration holds and prior financial obligations must be addressed prior to registering.
How to Register
Current students: If you are taking classes now or have attended BHCC within the last year
BHCC staggers the start of registration to allow students with the most completed credits, including developmental, ESL and transfer credits to register first. All currently enrolled degree and certificate seeking students will receive an email with their start date to begin registering online.
Students can also view their registration online.
- Log in to selfservice.
- Click on Student Planning.
- Click on Plan & Schedule.
- Under “It’s Registration Time” click the plan and schedule link.
- Click the arrow button to change to the semester. If you get an error when clicking the arrow, click the plus sign to add the semester, then try again.
- See your registration date and time.
Register in selfservice from anywhere that you have access to the internet.
Newly accepted students
Newly accepted student, (new to college, transfer or readmitted after leaving BHCC for 5 or more years) you will attend a mandatory Advising and Registration session (Part I of Orientation) where you will meet with an advisor and register for classes (see your acceptance email and the Ready Set Go checklist for details). Classes required for your Program of Study (certificate or degree) can be found on our Programs of Study page.
Students who have attended BHCC in the past 5 years
If you have not attended BHCC during the last two semesters but have attended BHCC within the last 5 years, go to our Apply Now page and choose: I am a returning BHCC student (enrolled in the past 5 years) option. BHCC will reactivate your account.
Guest students (not applied and not accepted into a degree or certificate program)
If you are planning on taking classes at BHCC as a guest student, we recommend registering online.
On-campus registration when it resumes is at Student Central, Second Floor, B lobby on the Charlestown Campus, or at Student Services Office, room 415 on the Chelsea Campus. Learn more on our Guest Student webpage.
BLL, BSL and Community Education non-credit courses
- Students register online for Community Education courses, including Basic English as a Second Language (BLL & BSL courses).
- Download the Workforce and Community Education Summer 2020 Course Catalog PDF
- Go to Workforce and Community Education Online Course Catalog
- For more information regarding non-credit courses, contact the Community Education Office at 617-228-2462.
Make Payment Arrangements
Fall / Spring
For Fall or Spring: Payment arrangements must be made by payment deadlines.
- Log in to selfservice.
- Click on Student Finance to view your Account Summary.
- Click on Make a Payment and then either Pay in Full if there is an Amount to Pay below; or
- Click on set up an automatic payment plan; or
- Receive a Confirmed Financial Aid Award from BHCC; or
- Supply third party commitment documentation to Student Central; and
- Payment of Health Insurance or complete waiver of health insurance (if registering for nine or more credits).
For Summer: Payment arrangements must be made by payment deadlines.
- Log in to selfservice.
- Click on Student Finance to view your Account Summary.
- Click on Make a Payment and then Pay in Full; if there is an Amount to Pay.
Supply third party commitment documentation to Student Central (Charlestown, Second Floor, B lobby).
The waitlist system gives students a fair and equitable opportunity to add courses that are currently full/closed/have 0 seats available but might become available in the future. Being on a waitlist does not guarantee registration for the course.
- You may add yourself to the waitlist for one section of a closed or waitlisted course; you may also register for an open seat in another section of that same course.
- The waitlist system reviews openings at the end of each day and sends an automated email to your BHCC email the following morning; you have at least 24 hours to register for the course (make sure to View Account Summary and make any necessary payments by payment deadlines).
- If you have not registered by the deadline indicated in your email, the next person on the waitlist will be offered the seat.
- The last notifications from the Waitlist system go out the day before the last official day of registration; no waitlists exist during our schedule adjustment (add/drop) period with the exception of late start and mini session courses.
Schedule Adjustment (add/drop)
About Schedule Adjustment (add/drop)
At the close of business on the last official day of registration (Academic calendar) the schedule adjustment (add/drop) period begins. Make the adjustment online; then view your Account Summary and make any necessary payments at the time of the adjustment. If you have difficulty and are unable to process a schedule adjustment online visit Student Central, Second Floor, B lobby, Charlestown Campus or the Enrollment Office on the Chelsea Campus. If you drop a course before the schedule adjustment deadline, you will receive a refund. There are no refunds after the posted schedule adjustment deadlines. The schedule adjustment period ends at 11:59 p.m. on the schedule adjustment deadline date.
You may add a course during schedule adjustment period if:
- a seat is open; and
- you have completed all the course prerequisites; and
- view your Account Summary and make any necessary payments. If you are using financial aid, notify Student Central, Second Floor, B lobby, Charlestown that you’ve added a course.
You may drop a course online up until 11:59 p.m. on the schedule adjustment deadline listed in the Academic Calendar.
Additional Registration Related Information
Parking is available in Lots 1 and 2 on the Charlestown Campus for students with a valid semester pass. Daily parking is also available in these lots at a rate of $10 per day through the Parkmobile mobile app. Learn more about student parking.
BHCC Student ID Card (OneCard)
All BHCC students are required to carry a current BHCC OneCard while on campus. Take a copy of your class schedule and government issued photo ID to the Charlestown Campus ID station in Student Central to get your picture taken. See information and ID Station hours at Get Your BHCC Student ID Card.
You must carry a current, valid Student ID at all times on campus and present it when asked by any college official. Your first ID card is free; there is a fee for replacement cards.
Enrollment, Degree & Apostille Verifications
Students who require proof of enrollment status must access the Enrollment Verification System online.
Some courses require that you meet certain conditions prior to registering, known as prerequisites. Prerequisites include completion of lower-level courses with a grade of C or higher; completion of Computerized Placement Tests (CPTs); and or admission to a specific program of study. You must bring a copy of your college/university transcript at the time of registration.
Grading and Transcripts
- Please refer to the college catalog for a copy of the grading and notation system and how to compute your GPA (Grade Point Average).
- Grades are not mailed. Log on to selfservice to view your grades and unofficial transcripts. Assistance is available at our Self Service Counter in the main lobby of the B Building, Charlestown Campus and at the Enrollment Office, Chelsea campus.
- Order and pay for Official transcripts online.
Transferring Credits in to BHCC
Accepted students who have attended another college may apply for transfer credit and advanced standing at BHCC. Send official transcripts from all previously attended colleges/universities as soon as possible to:
Bunker Hill Community College
250 New Rutherford Avenue
Boston, MA 02129
Official Transcripts may also be dropped off at Student Central, Second Floor, B lobby, Charlestown. Official transcripts must be received by BHCC staff members in their original unopened sealed envelope.
Official transcripts will be evaluated once you are accepted and register for classes. You may use a copy or unofficial transcript(s) to register for classes while waiting for transfer credit to be evaluated.