BHCC is offering a free Medical Interpreting program for people who are fluent in Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic, or Mandarin Chinese
10 Week Medical Interpreters Program
February 7 - Medical Interpreters Program- R3 (General Session)
February 17 (9 weeks) - Medical Interpreters Program- R3 (Spanish, Arabic, Mandarin & Haitian Creole)
- Tuesdays 6:30-9:30 p.m.
- Fridays 6:30-9:30 p.m.
In collaboration with Brigham and Women's Hospital, the program is:
- 60 hours of remote instructions and up to 20 hours prep for national exam - NBCMI (National Board of Certified Medical Interpreters)
- 40 hours Internship at BWH, dates to be determined; this is required to work in a hospital
Program will focus on the following languages
- Mandarin Chinese
Prospective students will need to show proficiency in one of these languages before they are elegible for enrollment.
- Pass the language fluency test and an oral assessment
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Proof of vaccinations for COVID-19 and Hepatitis B will be required before internship
- Program requirements: Students must be able to commit to 80% attendance and all R3 program requirements to successfully complete
To Apply, please contact Lateia Johnson, R3 Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
There are 18 seats available. The program is an R3 free program. Students with the greatest financial need considered first.
- Medical Interpreters have a project occupational growth of 9 % in the greater Boston area with an hourly wage range of 17.00-20.00 per hour.