Bunker Hill Community College

Bunker Hill Community College Mobile and Tablet Version

Welcome to Transfer Services

Transfer Services assists new, current and graduating BHCC students with the transfer process and transfer opportunities to and from the college. For a comprehensive review of our services we encourage you to review the Transfer Planning and Applying Guide.


 Transfer Advising Appointments

Transfer advisors provide students with an overview of the transfer planning process and assistance with completing applications to other colleges.

Current students planning to transfer: Schedule a virtual or phone appointment with a transfer counselor.
New transfer students applying to Bunker Hill: Schedule a virtual appointment with Admissions staff to get help with your application and answer your questions.

Brian Kelleher-Calnan
Success Coach & Transfer Counselor

Brian advises students who want to transfer from Bunker Hill Community College to a four-year college or university. Students should contact Brian for anything related to planning, exploring, applying and deciding on colleges. Among many things that can be addressed, Brian can help students: apply to colleges, plan transferable courses, search for and connect with colleges, better their chances of acceptance, search for scholarships, understand MassTransfer, Commonwealth Commitment and the Common Application, and answer any other questions. To contact Brian, please send an email to transferservices@bhcc.edu.

Margaret O. Rubino
Coordinator of Transfer, BHCC Alumna

Margaret provides students with the tools to research and complete applications to 4-year colleges and universities.  She organizes visits with representatives from partner colleges and universities to visit BHCC each semester as well as organize the annual College Transfer Fairs.  Through these individual visits and the fairs she helps connect students with representatives to help facilitate a smooth transition to a four-year institution. Margaret also processes transfer credit for domestic and international students. Margaret is available to meet with students who wish to discuss the transcript appeals process. Margaret is also the key point of contact for students who wish to take advantage of the Reverse Transfer Program. To contact Margaret, please send an email to transferservices@bhcc.edu.

Rebecca Siggelkoe
Enrollment Coordinator, BHCC Alumna

Rebecca manages the TransferologyTM database and seek ways to use technology to improve the student transfer experience. Rebecca works with academic departments to determine course transferability and coordinate the development of transfer pathways with other colleges and universities.  Rebecca can assist students interested in using TransferologyTM or who want to learn more about Bunker Hill’s transfer pathways. To contact Rebecca, please send an email to transferservices@bhcc.edu.

Rebecca Tumposky (Becca)
Talent Hub Coordinator

In addition to supporting general transfer advising and workshops, Becca coordinates our partnership with UMass Boston, and advises Liberal Arts majors who want to transfer into Psychology or Social Sciences at UMass Boston.  If you have questions about transfer pathways to UMass Boston, you can contact Becca at rtumposk@bhcc.edu.



Transfer Services offers workshops on transfer related topics for BHCC students planning to apply to four-year colleges. Each session is facilitated by a transfer advisor and students will have opportunities to ask questions. Upon registering for a workshop, students will receive an email with a web-link to access and participate during the workshop’s designated time and date. Students may use a computer device with a microphone and internet access or dial in by phone.

It is necessary that students with 30 credits or less attend a Transfer 101 Workshop prior to meeting with a transfer counselor.

View the Transfer Services workshops and register.


 Virtual College Information Sessions

Virtual college information sessions are events that allow Bunker Hill students to meet with transfer admission representatives from bachelor degree granting institutions. During these one hour sessions, students learn about each institution's academic programs, student engagement opportunities, and the process for applying and transferring to these institutions. Students also have the opportunity to ask their own questions. To view a list of colleges and universities participating in these sessions and to register to attend, click on the Virtual College Information Schedule link below.

Transfer Admissions Representatives, Facilitate A Virtual Information Session at BHCC here

Virtual College Information Session Schedule

Event Date & Time Location Link

UMass Boston Bunker Hill Presentations - University of Massachusetts Boston

UMass Boston is excited to welcome Bunker Hill Community College (BHCC) students to join our community. UMass Boston frequently hosts events, information sessions, and presentations specifically for BHCC students visit go.umb.edu/portal/bhcc.