Bunker Hill Community College

Bunker Hill Community College Mobile and Tablet Version


SNAP is administered by the Department of Transitional Assistance (DTA). https://www.mass.gov/snap-benefits-formerly-food-stamps

SNAP benefits include:

  • Monthly funds on an EBT card to buy food
  • $40, $60 or $80 a month put back on your EBT card when you use SNAP to buy local produce via the Healthy Incentives Program (HIP)
  • SNAP Path to Work free education and training opportunities
  • Free nutrition education classes and resources

To apply for SNAP benefits, you need to provide personal information. This includes your Social Security number (if you have one), birth date, home address (if you have one), income, and expenses. SNAP has certain income guidelines. You can view the SNAP eligibility charts to find the guideline that applies to your household.

You may need more information in certain situations. If you are applying for other people in your household, you will need their personal information. If you want someone to apply or get SNAP benefits for you, you will need their contact information. You will need to verify your income, expenses and other information.

The DTA Connect app, which lets you view and manage your case information. It can be downloaded from Google Play or the App Store.

New Common Application for MassHealth and Food Benefits

Massachusetts residents can now initiate a Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) application when they apply for or renew their MassHealth benefits online. Learn more and apply for SNAP.